Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Real Relationships

Real Relationships

I LOVE the women in my life!! God has so richly blessed me with friends and family across this country.  I am so thankful for technology and that they are just a text/call or FaceTime away.  

God has given us women the desire for relationships. We NEED girlfriends.  We need relationship.  We need coffee/tea dates; exercise buddies; shoulders to cry on; prayer partners; recipe exchangers; mentors; ears to listen and counselors. 

We must to be purposeful about our friendships.  The enemy likes to detour us with busyness. He knows that iron sharpens iron (Proverbs 27:17) so he will do what he can to keep us from spending time with our girls.  

Don't let busyness be an excuse. Plan a 30 minute coffee date, a 15 minute phone conversation or a 1 hour dinner with a friend this weekend. I've found that if you put a time frame on it, it is doable and not so much pressure. 

Someone needs you this week. Make that phone call! 

1 comment:

  1. Dee, I'm thankful God has placed you in my life. It's funny because I feel so connected to you even though we spent just a short time together at Contours! You made a positive impact on me and I feel like we just "gel." Love your Blog! :) - Tracy

    ReplyDelete