Saturday, May 11, 2013

Real Time

My main love language is quality time.  Therefore, this may speak louder to me than to others.

I am also a tech gadget geek.  I had one of the first Palm Pilots when they came out; I loved my walky-talky Nextel; AND THEN...the Blackberry and texting.  I really arrived when I upgraded to the iPhone, though it took about two weeks to fall in love with it. 

BUT, even though I'm a textaholic, there's still nothing that feeds my soul like good old-fashioned sitting and talking face-to-face with my family or a girlfriend.  And it saddens me when I see (or am experiencing) people together but not together. 

I now work in an OB/GYN office where I get to witness many happy couples awaiting ultrasounds and check-ups.  I often, sadly, witness each of them with their phones to their faces and not even conversing.  But my heart was so happy this past week when it seemed like many couples were sharing stories with each other and enjoying the time they had.

It's so important for us to make the most of every moment we are given! And take advantage of the gift of time! 

Let's live in "real time"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment